Join us in developing cutting-edge cloud services!
Do you want a key role in developing cloud services for companies around the world? Are you a skilled OpenStack engineer who likes solving complex challenges? Join our cloud engineering team!
Bahnhof is a leading Swedish ISP, providing internet and cloud services to businesses and individuals worldwide. We are driven by our core values of net neutrality, freedom of communication and the right to privacy for everyone.
About the position
Your daily tasks will vary, but the main mission will be the development of our OpenStack platform together with the rest of our tech teams. We work in distributed teams, with open collaboration and knowledge sharing among colleagues.
Examples of what you will do:
- Help bring our OpenStack cloud services and applications to the next level.
- Support and develop our existing cloud infrastructure and CEPH layer.
- Solve cloud-related challenges with our network and development teams.
- Troubleshoot and integrate our cloud services and applications.
- Monitor and maintain the security of infrastructure, hardware and networks.
What makes this job challenging and fun?
- You’ll work with the latest hardware and networks.
- You’ll develop new skills, learning a host of new technologies.
- You’ll get room to develop and implement your own ideas – with Bahnhof’s full backing.
- You’ll be in an open and fun work environment with sharp (and nice) colleagues.
- You’ll collaborate closely with our tech teams in Sweden and abroad.
You probably work with cloud development today and is ready to reach your full potential.
- You are an eager and quick learner who takes ownership of your tasks until completion.
- You are not a robot (neither are we). You take initiatives and come up with ideas.
- You have a positive and solution-oriented attitude.
- You have great communication skills.
Required experience and skills
- Linux system administration (Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS).
- Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualization.
- Analysis and optimization of system capacity and performance.
- Understanding of basic VLAN networking.
- Basic system security and patching.
- Proficiency in scripting, i.e. Bash, Perl/Python.
- Great troubleshooting skills.
Not required, but a plus if you also master…
- Building/maintaining private clouds (e.g. Linux-based)
- CEPH storage
- Docker and running containers
About the position and how to apply
The position is at our office in Stockholm.
Send your application and CV in English to email@example.com
Last application date is 31 December 2022 but the position may be filled sooner, so don’t wait!
Questions? Contact our Head of Development, Mikael Setterberg:
+46-(0)76-111 01 64