Bahnhof is a leading internet and telecoms operator providing broadband and secure cloud services to businesses and individuals. Driven by privacy and internet freedom, we fight every day for a free and secure internet, which places high demands on our services. Right now, we are expanding our cloud services and looking for a skilled developer to join us on our journey!
The job and the team
As a member of the Cloud Services team you will take part in developing new services and maintaining Bahnhof’s next generation cloud platform. Built on OpenStack, this will be the Sweden-based cloud platform, delivering secure and private solutions powered by the latest graphics and compute accelerators – all connected to Bahnhof’s national network. In short, every bell and whistle will be at your hands. You'll get to work with the latest hardware and networks, learn new technologies and implement your own ideas.
You will work with deployment and development of various hosting and as-a-service solutions, with a large focus on open source. For the right candidate, this is an outstanding opportunity to take a place in a growing company well known for its technical expertise!
The candidate we are looking for has a strong interest in the Open Source community. Tinkering with code and hardware, finding solutions in obscure forums and submitting fixes is no news for you. GitHub is your friend and you enjoy automating tasks whenever you can.
- Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes. Maybe you also have experience with Rancher.
- Programming skills. Python is probably your back yard. Maybe you also tried writing something in Rust or Go.
- You are curious. If you don’t understand how something is wired together, you have no issues taking it apart to figure it out.
- We believe you have at least a couple of years work experience under your belt.
- Experience of working iteratively. Perhaps you use Git to manage projects or even your own personal Zettelkasten. Or maybe you have experience with a Kanban-solution to organize your workload.
- Swedish. That would be a bonus, but we are a distributed team with members from and in different countries.
Bonus points if:
- You have OpenStack experience, either from a user’s or provider’s perspective.
- Experience with one or more of the following softwares: Min.io, Kafka, SQL-databases, NextCloud, RabbitMQ or Jitsi.
The location for this position is at our office in Stockholm.
Please send your application consisting of a short personal letter (in English or Swedish) and your CV no later than December 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org and name the email "Cloud service developer". We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis, so don’t wait too long!
If you have any questions, please contact Mikael Setterberg, Head of Development, at email@example.com / phone: 076-111 01 64.